Pomegranate sorbetGreat low-fat dessert, check the recipe…
Great low-fat dessert, check the recipe below
- Serves 4-6
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus cooling and freezing
- 200g caster sugar
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses (optional, from Sainsbury’s)
- Juice of about 6 pomegranates, or 600ml pomegranate juice, plus extra pomegranate seeds to decorate
- 2 large free-range egg whites
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, molasses and 100ml water in a small pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Cool completely, then combine with the pomegranate juice and taste.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks in a bowl, then fold into the sorbet mix. Either churn in an ice cream maker or freeze for 2 hours in a metal bowl, beating the edges of the sorbet every 30 minutes until it is firm but has a lovely smooth, mousse-like texture.
- Layer the pomegranate seeds and sorbet in dessert glasses or bowls.
Nutritional info per serving
BASED ON 6
- Calories 190kcals
- Protein 1.3g
- Carbohydrates 49.3g (46.7g sugars)
- Salt 0.1g