Rhubarb creamsExquisite dessert! Check the recipe belowServes…
Exquisite dessert! Check the recipe below
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook, plus macerating and chilling
- 400g trimmed rhubarb, sliced into 3cm lengths
- 180g golden caster sugar
- 500ml double cream
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- Put the rhubarb and half the sugar in a bowl, mix, then let macerate for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. Spread the rhubarb (including all the sugar from the bowl) in a single layer over a shallow roasting tray and bake for 25 minutes until really soft. Spoon the rhubarb and its juices into a food processor and blend. Pass through a sieve, pushing it through with a spoon to extract as much as possible. Discard any rhubarb left in the sieve, then cool the purée completely.
- Put the cream and remaining sugar in a high-sided saucepan and bring slowly to the boil, dissolving the sugar. Turn down the heat (to prevent it from boiling over) and bubble gently for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, then stir in the lemon juice, followed by the rhubarb purée.
- Pour equally among 6 glasses or 150ml ramekins. Cover with cling film and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
Tip: Serve with buttery shortbread biscuits for crunch.
Nutritional info per serving
- Calories 537kcals
- Fat 44.8g (27.8g saturated),
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrates 31.4g (32.1g sugars)
- Fibre 1.3g
- Salt 0.1g