TRoasted asparagus wrapped in Parma hamSimply amazing, check the…
TRoasted asparagus wrapped in Parma ham
Simply amazing, check the recipe below
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 12 minutes to cook
- 2 bunches of asparagus (about 24 spears), woody ends removed
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 8 slices Parma ham
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cook the asparagus spears in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water, then drain again. Set aside.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the mint with the olive oil and lemon zest. Add to the asparagus and stir gently to coat.
- Make bundles of 3 spears and wrap each in a Parma ham slice. Place in a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the ham is crisp.
Tip: If using a barbecue, place the asparagus bundles in a barbecue sandwich rack and cook until tender, turning halfway through.If using a barbecue, place the asparagus bundles in a barbecue sandwich rack and cook until tender, turning halfway through.
Nutritional info per serving
- Calories 107kcals
- Fat 7.7g (1.6g saturated)
- Protein 8g
- Carbohydrates 1.4g (1.1g sugar)
- Salt 0.1g