Zodiac Signs That Make the Best Pet Owners, Ranked From Best to Worst
Owning a pet is one of the greatest things in the entire world. Depending on what kind of pet you get, they’re usually fun, funny, and cuddly. But the best part? They love you unconditionally, no matter what. But while some people seem to be total naturals when it comes to having animals in their home, others have to get used to it and work hard at forming a bond. No pet owner looks the same, and the way we love and care for our pets can also vary.
If you’re into astrology and zodiac signs, then you know how eerily accurate they can be. They can predict things when it comes to your career, money situation, love life, and home life, which means they can pretty much nail what kind of pet owner you are. Keep reading to see zodiac signs as pet owners, ranked from best to worst.
- Taurus (April 20-May 20) – This sign is known for being practical, which is a perfect trait for a pet owner who will do their share of research before adopting. Too often pets are adopted and returned to shelters or rehomed because the owner didn’t realize the amount of work it takes. A Taurus will make sure the pet is the right fit. Not to mention, Taurus individuals are loyal and dependable . . . kind of like a Golden Retriever! And who better to care for a pet than someone who shares their characteristics?
- Aries (March 21-April 19) – The Aries pet owner is always on the move with an abundance of energy – just like a puppy! Having the ability to match a pet’s energy level is key, and this sign does it well. This sign also loves adventure and trying new things, so they’ll always be willing to bring their pet to a new park or buy them a fun new treat.
- Cancer (June 21-July 22) – This sign tends to be very emotional. A Cancer loves having a pet around to share some snuggles (or even a good cry) with and would be very in tune to the needs of their pet. They are extremely loving and intuitive, so they’ll shower their pet with affection and always be on the lookout for signals about what they need.
- Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19) – Capricorns are practical and ambitious, as well as patient and disciplined. As a pet owner, you need to be sure you keep to a schedule to ensure both you and the pet are being taken care of. Capricorns are also great at training pets, because they have the discipline and patience needed to keep trying.
- Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21) – This sign is known for being fiery and intense and is also said to be a bit psychic. A Scorpio may be able to sense the pet’s personality style well and even feel like they can “communicate” with animals. Scorpios are passionate and give everything they have to whatever they set their mind to, whether it’s training a talking parrot or trying agility courses with a dog. But they shouldn’t let that strong personality allow them to hold grudges if their pet does something wrong.
- Leo (July 23-Aug. 22) – Faithful, loving, and warmhearted are the biggest traits of a Leo. Treating a pet like a family member is easy for this fire sign. They have an abundance of energy, which makes them great at paying attention to a needy pet, but they still sometimes love to put themselves first. They should remind themselves that their animal’s needs should sometimes come before their own.
- Gemini (May 21-June 20) – While a Gemini can be nervous or tense, they also are very adaptable and versatile. Being able to adapt to your pet’s needs, like when they’re sick, is key, but pets can also sense nerves and tension, which may make them have the same feelings, and no one wants a nervous pet.
- Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22) – Libras get along with everyone and are very social, so you can always count on them for a good time. These traits make for a great pet owner, as it’s always easy to make a friend at a dog park! The big concern with a Libra pet owner is making sure their social calendar allows for time to run home between work and happy hour to take care of the pet.
- Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18) – This sign is friendly, honest, and loyal – all good traits to have as a pet owner. This sign’s downfall, however, is being unemotional and detached, which may lead to a lack of bonding with a pet.
- Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22) – Virgos are known for their practicality, cleanliness, and need to stay away from chaos. Being a clean-freak doesn’t really work when you have an animal in the house since some pets shed, traipse mud through the house, or cough up fur balls on the couch. A Virgo pet owner will be loyal and can create a deep bond, but there are few pets that a Virgo won’t be too critical of.
- Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20) – Pisces can be a little uncommunicative and all over the map when it comes to feelings. Not even a pet wants to deal with an emotional wreck.
- Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21) – Having a pet is a huge responsibility, and this sign is known for being a little irresponsible sometimes. A Sagittarius pet owner loves their freedom, and since pets can’t take care of themselves, this sign might want to hold off on getting one.